Location: Remote Home Office Anywhere in LATAM
Reports to: VP, Professional Services
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in analysis and design of business applications, tools
- Develop well designed, testable, and efficient code for projects according to standards and best practices
- Establish estimates for development tasks
- Provide status reports as needed
- Develop unit test scripts to test functionality
- Participate in periodic code reviews
- Produce documentation related to design and implementation work
- 2 to 4 years recent experience in software development (Back-end, API, System Integration)
- Experience in at least 2 projects with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience in at least 1 or more of these languages: Java with at least 3 projects and certifications
- Knowledge in at least 1 or more of these frameworks: JEE, Spring with experience in at least 1 project
- Experience in at least 1 project or more of these ORM frameworks: Hibernate, JPA, iBATIS
- Experience in at least 1 project or more of these servers: Tomcat, JBoss
- At least 2 years of experience with these development tools: Eclipse, VSCode
- Experience in at least 1 or more of these version control systems: GitHub, Subversion, BitBucket
- Experience in at least 3 projects with SOAP and REST web services
- Experience in at least 2 projects working with these relational database systems: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
- Knowledge in at least 1 or more of cloud/containerization: Kubernetes, Docerk, Kyma, CoundFoundry
- Motivated, energetic self-starter comfortable in a team-oriented environment
- Interest and aptitude to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Attention to detail and firm commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to work independently and manage time to meet software delivery goals
- Strong organizational skills with proven history of high productivity levels
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Understanding of secure design and coding practices
- Ability to resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in this Role:
- Knowledge of SAP modules like FI, CO, SD, MM etc.
- Knowledge of OpenText ECM Suite for SAP (OpenText Archiving, OpenText Document Pipeline, OpenText Enterprise Scan, DocuLink etc.)
- Profound insights into Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction Management, API Management, etc.)
- Knowledge of Non-SQL databases (SAP-HANA, MongoDB, Cassandra, H2)
- Knowledge of either one of Ant / Gradle / Maven
- Web Development: Node.JS, React, Spring-Boot
- Successful deployment of projects
- Knowledge share across the team and organization
- Participation in the development of internal assets
- Creating and refining development methodology and tools
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
Work outside of office hours may be necessary due to project schedules, and deadlines. Travel is required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
We’re looking for people who align with Optima’s Core Values:
- Good time management
- Goal oriented
- Alignment to Optima Core Values:
- Have a passion for excellence – you always deliver quality work for your clients and each other, on time, and to the best of your ability. You don’t cut corners.
- Create remarkable client experience – you do the right thing for your clients and you consistently seek ways to add value to their business.
- Be a Pioneer - We are original and creative in our thinking. To us, innovation and ingenuity is a mind-set – a hard wired desire to improve things.
- Get it done – you can be counted on to fulfill every objective you take on. Your teammates and clients know they can trust you to get the job done.
- Win as a team – you can be a great teammate, mentor and cheerleader to support your team. You’re committed to enhancing your team and creating an opportunity for growth.
- Have fun – you love what you do and have fun while you do it and celebrate successes along the way.
- Base salary plus quarterly variable compensation based on the defined Accountability and Performance Measures.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.