Location: Remote Home Office, Anywhere
Reports to: Practice Manager - Technical Services
English Level: C2
Optima ECM Consulting is an SAP-Centric Professional Services firm offering Envisioning,
Redesign, Software Solutioning, & Managed Services to Supercharge our clients’ content-related processes, amplify hidden insights and transform their businesses into an intelligent enterprise. We specialize in optimizing key business value chains such as Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, and HR and are experts in foundational solutions such as data and document archiving and migrations and legacy decommissioning.
Optima seeks smart and passionate professionals ready to roll up their sleeves. The right candidate will be a proven A-player who is intelligent, enthusiastic, creative, and above all, a great asset to the team!
How We Do It
- Established in 2009
- SAP Gold Partner
- Strategic relationships with industry leaders such as SAP, OpenText, Ariba and Celonis
- North American headquarters in Scottsdale, AZ and Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, MX
What you will do:
- Partner with clients to deliver exceptional implementations
- Provide top-notch service and delivery
- Hire only the best and brightest and certify them in the solutions we implement
- Provide continuous training and development
The Architect provides technical and functional subject matter expertise to help clients simplify their complicated business processes through the design and implementation of holistic enterprise software solutions. The Architect is a key role in the organization serving as integration point for pre-sales, Delivery and Support. As an Architect you will work with business and technical staff to recommend solutions that result in more effective systems and lead the delivery team in the implementation and quality of such solutions. The Architect will have many years’ experience in business applications design and implementation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Architect, you will be responsible for the understanding and design of one or more business applications or services. The Architect will have a balanced mix of technical and business skills and will often work with the Practice Manager for strategic direction. The focus of the position is on the technical decisions being made regarding the solution and how they impact the business outcomes. The rest of the delivery team will then use the information to implement the solution.
The Architect will have significant people and process skills and are often in front of leadership, trying to explain a complex problem. The Architect will find a passionate way to say the same thing using different words for a variety of types of audiences and will need to clearly understand the business' processes in order to create a cohesive vision.
The Architect has 3 main areas of responsibility within Optima:
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) during the pre-sales cycle, supporting the sales team to help customers understand the benefits of the solutions and the applicability of solutions offered by Optima to their business cases, identifying areas of opportunity to add value to their business. You will also demo solutions, provide input into and in some cases deliver the business cases during the sales cycle, scope projects, support the creation of Project Plans/timelines and SOWs. You will also participate in business development, marketing campaigns and events as required to evangelize the Optima offerings.
- Lead the design and implementation planning activities for our projects to help our customers realize an effective business solution. You will work with business representatives and IT members at our customers to define solutions, participate in the requirements gathering, design and document customer requirements. You will also provide subject matter expertise to Optima consultants during the projects, as needed, to support the implementation of the solutions as designed.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide thought leadership in your area of expertise and stay on top of the latest industry and specific trends to help advise Optima leadership on future diversification and technology direction. You will have responsibility for input into, or development of, Go to Market strategies, methodologies and best practices for delivering solutions as well as identifying areas of opportunity for repeatable processes/templates or pre-packaged solutions.
The Architect will concentrate on:
- Support the sales and estimation of Project Activities
- Gather, analyze and document Technical and Business Requirements
- Design creative solutions
- Support peers and colleagues on customization/configuration/troubleshooting of solutions offered as part of Optima’s portfolio
- Build document deliverables and artifacts as part of Optima’s methodology: Best Practices, Project Plan templates, Deliverable templates, Test Scripts, etc.
- Provide knowledge transfer and mentorship in your areas of expertise to the customers and colleagues
- Responsible for the vision that underlies the solution and the execution of that vision into the solution
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in this Role:
- How technology can be used to solve a given business problem
- Which framework, platform, or tech-stack can be used to create an optimal solution
- How the application will look, what the modules will be, and how they interact with each other
- How things will scale for the future and how they will be maintained
- Figuring out the risk in third-party frameworks/platforms
- Billable Utilization per Quarter
- Participation in Pre-Sales Activities
- Strategic goals achievement per quarter (i.e. Lunch and Learn sessions, GTM Strategies, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field
- Minimum 7 years of overall IT work experience
- Minimum of 2 years software sales / pre-sales experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in at least one of solutions within Optima’s portfolio:
- OpenText Document Access or Extended ECM
- OpenText Vendor Invoice Management
- Celonis Process Mining
- SAP Ariba
- Experience in designing and deploying enterprise applications in public or private cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in data modeling and database management, knowledge of various database technologies and use-cases (e.g., MSSQL, Oracle, SAP HANA)
- Understanding of regulatory concerns (e.g., HIPPA, GDPR, CCPA, PII)
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure, network, and security architectures.
- BPMN / Process Mining
- Records Management Certification
- Any script language like: Oscript (OpenText), Java, Perl, TCL, CSH, Awk, etc.
- Cross platform knowledge: Windows, MAC, Linux, Unix, etc.
- Pre-sales and consulting expertise
- Basic Design Patterns
- Experience Requirement Gathering and Analysis
- Data Modeling
- Entity Relationship Modeling
- Object Oriented Analysis, Object Oriented Design
- MS Office – Excellent Level
- Excellent Time Management
- Great presentation skills with experience presenting to C-Suite Execs
- Research/Troubleshooting abilities
- Alignment to Optima Core Values:
|Passion for Excellence:
|We always deliver quality work for our clients and each other, on time, and to the best of our ability. We don’t cut corners.
|Create Remarkable Client Experiences:
|We do the right thing for our clients and we consistently seek ways to add value to their businesses.
|Be a Pioneer:
We are original and creative in our thinking. To us, innovation and ingenuity is a mind-set – a hard wired desire to improve things.
Get it Done:
|We count on each other to fulfill every objective we’re given. Our teammates and clients know they can trust us to get the job done. Period.
|Win as a Team:
|We are each other’s teammates, mentors and cheerleaders and we support each other along the way.
We invest in our teams to enhance achievement and create opportunity for growth.
|We love what we do and have fun while we do it! We celebrate our successes along the way.
In exchange for your contribution to the team, you can expect to receive:
- Competitive base salary plus quarterly variable compensation based on the defined Accountability and Performance Measures outlined in the Architect Variable Compensation Plan.
- Medical and Dental (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Company paid life insurance (1x annual salary covered)
- Voluntary life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Aflac (with employer contribution)
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays + company paid holiday closure
- 401(k) employer match
- Contribution toward HSA account
- Career path planning
- Living the Values employee recognition
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.