Principal Solutions Consultant
Location: Remote Home Office
Optima ECM Consulting is looking to hire a talented Principal Solutions Consultant to join its growing team!
Optima ECM Consulting is an Enterprise Information (EIM) and Content Management (ECM) consulting services firm, primarily offering solution road mapping, analysis, design and implementation services for the business processes and functions for key departments including finance and accounting, operations, human resources, compliance, legal, and marketing of large enterprises. Optima implements software products and technology from SAP, OpenText, and Taulia.
Optima seeks smart and passionate professionals ready to roll up their sleeves. The right candidate will be intelligent, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, a problem-solver, and above all, a team player.
At Optima, we offer an exceptional benefits package including Medical and Dental (with full premium coverage for employees), Vision discount plan, Aflac, Health Savings Account (HSA), Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, 401(k) employer matching, career path planning, and a competitive vacation and holiday policy! Time away is an important part of a work-life balance for our employees.
• Established in 2009
• Largest singularly focused OpenText/SAP ECM solutions implementer in North America
• Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ with offices in Monterrey Mexico
How We Do It
• Partner with clients to deliver exceptional implementations
• Provide top-notch service and delivery
• Hire only the best and brightest and certify them in the solutions we implement
• Provide continuous training and development
As a key member of the Optima Sales Team, the Principal Solution Consultant uses consulting skills to build an intimate understanding of our prospective customers' business problems, objectives and priorities. The Principal Solution Consultant maps these needs to SAP, OpenText, Taulia and other key product solutions and demonstrates to the prospect/client the business benefits of these solutions through interaction, correspondence, presentations and demonstrations throughout the sales process.
What you will do:
• Consult with prospective customers to identify business problems; objectives and priorities relevant to our solutions.
• Provide support and informational guidance to the Sales Team on sales strategy, business benefits, and action plans throughout the sales process.
• Liaise directly with other Sales Team Members to ensure a co-coordinated, intimate and professional experience for the customer throughout the sales process.
• Lead, prepare and deliver (in partnership with the Sales team) custom presentations, demonstrations, ROI’s, business cases and solutions to the customer on the benefits of our proposed solutions.
• Discern what questions prospects are not asking, and lead them in that direction, effectively identifying and walking the customer through their 'pain chain.'
• Build a strong interactive relationship with the customer's business management.
• Lead, prepare and deliver Statements of Work, Proposals, RFP’s and high-quality sales-related deliverables to clients and prospects.
• QA the work of other authors of sales-related deliverables.
• Provide feedback loop to Innovation Team based on client needs/trends
• Represent Optima at tradeshows and conferences.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Certifications)
• 4-year degree in business, Accounting, MIS or equivalent.
• A minimum of 7-10 years of professional B2B experience with a minimum of 5 years in a pre-sales and/or solution consultant capacity.
• Experience with OpenText plus SAP ECC or S/4HANA is a must
• 3-5 years of consulting experience is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of, and the ability to plan and deliver product presentations including, product demo skills, solution selling and domain or vertical expertise required to close a deal.
• Possess the ability to speak knowledgeably and persuasively with Principal customer technical leadership, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with Principal C-Level business leaders by articulating and bridging technical-business gaps.
• Flexibility and willingness to travel when on-site meetings are required (typically for short periods. Travel has not been required for two years for this role but may be in the future).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Professional demeanor
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Entrepreneurial attitude: self-motivated, self-directed
• Flexibility: task assignment, priorities, work environment
• Open minded, strong desire to learn
• Keeps up with industry trends
• Quick thinker, creative problem solver
• Detail oriented. Strong analytical, numerical, planning and reasoning abilities
• Ability to work independently and on a team
• Excellent time management
• Goal oriented
Alignment to Optima Core Values:
• Passion for Excellence:
We always deliver quality work for our clients and each other, on time, and to the best of our ability. We don’t cut corners.
• Create Remarkable Client Experiences:
We do the right thing for our clients, and we consistently seek ways to add value to their businesses.
• Be a Pioneer: We are original and creative in our thinking. To us, innovation and ingenuity is a mind-set – a hard wired desire to improve things.
• Get it Done:
We count on each other to fulfill every objective we’re given. Our teammates and clients know they can trust us to get the job done. Period.
• Win as a Team:
We are each other’s teammates, mentors and cheerleaders and we support each other along the way. We invest in our teams to enhance achievement and create opportunity for growth.
• Have Fun!
We love what we do and have fun while we do it! We celebrate our successes along the way.