SAP ABAP Consultant
Location: Remote Home Office
Optima ECM Consulting is looking to hire a talented SAP ABAP Consultant to join its growing team!
Optima ECM Consulting is an Enterprise Information (EIM) and Content Management (ECM) consulting services firm, primarily offering solution road mapping, analysis, design and implementation services for the business processes and functions for key departments including finance and accounting, operations, human resources, compliance, legal, and marketing of large enterprises. Optima implements software products and technology from SAP, OpenText, and Taulia.
Optima seeks smart and passionate professionals ready to roll up their sleeves. The right candidate will be intelligent, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, a problem-solver, and above all, a team player.
At Optima, we offer an exceptional benefits package including Medical and Dental (with full premium coverage for employees), Vision discount plan, Aflac, Health Savings Account (HSA), Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, 401(k) employer matching, career path planning, and a competitive vacation and holiday policy! Time away is an important part of a work-life balance for our employees.
• Established in 2009
• Largest singularly focused OpenText/SAP ECM solutions implementer in North America
• Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ with offices in Monterrey Mexico
How We Do It
• Partner with clients to deliver exceptional implementations
• Provide top-notch service and delivery
• Hire only the best and brightest and certify them in the solutions we implement
• Provide continuous training and development
What you will do:
The SAP ABAP Consultant is responsible for the support, development and implementation of various SAP and NetWeaver based solutions. The ABAP Consultant should have intermediate to advanced programming knowledge in SAP development and testing, knowledge of SAP overall, and firm understanding of SAP architecture. Our ABAP Consultants are involved in all phases of a life cycle implementation, with a focus on timely and accurate delivery. The ABAP Consultant works closely with the Project Manager to ensure a smooth, accurate implementation for our clients.
Education and Required Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or related field preferred.
2. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Procure-to-Pay or AP automation market space AND/OR Supply Chain Finance or financial operational processes within large enterprises.
3. A technical integration and systems architecture background in SAP and other ERPs, especially knowledge of SAP FI/CO/MM (business process and technical).
4. Experience with file-based integrations between systems with distinct data models.
5. 3-5 years’ experience in ABAP programming.
6. Experience on:
• ABAP Objects, SAP workflows, BADI, List Viewer (ALV), BDC, Reports.
7. Prior experience SAP Add-on technology is a plus.
Preferred Skills (Optional):
• SAP R/3 certification in Release 4.6C or later is a plus.
• Experience in B2B integration and file transfer with EDI, XML is a plus.
• Candidate will have excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
• Energetic self-starter comfortable in a team-oriented environment
• Attention to detail and firm commitment to quality and customer service
• Self-oriented, self-organized, and able to work with minimum supervision
• Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with proven history of high productivity levels
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in this Role:
• Successfully deployment of projects
• Knowledge share across the team and organization
• Creating and refining development methodology and tools
Skills you’ll use on a regular basis in this role:
• Creative and Innovative
• Open Minded from a technology standpoint
• Excellent time management
• Strategic Thinking
• Problem solving/ Analysis
• Goal oriented
We’re looking for people who align with Optima’s Core Values:
• Have a passion for excellence – you always deliver quality work for your clients and each other, on time, and to the best of your ability. You don’t cut corners.
• Create remarkable client experiences – you do the right thing for your clients and you consistently seek ways to add value to their business.
• Be a Pioneer - We are original and creative in our thinking. To us, innovation and ingenuity is a mind-set – a hard wired desire to improve things.
• Get it done – you can be counted on to fulfill every objective you take on. Your teammates and clients know they can trust you to get the job done.
• Win as a team – you can be a great teammate, mentor and cheerleader to support your team. You’re committed to enhancing your team and creating an opportunity for growth.
• Have fun! – you love what you do and have fun while you do it and celebrate successes along the way.