Position Posting - SAP Ariba and/or ECM Project Manager
Location: Remote Home Office (US or Mexico)
Reports to: PMO Manager
Optima ECM Consulting is looking to hire a talented local SAP Ariba and/or ECM Project Manager to the growing team!
Optima ECM Consulting is an Enterprise Information (EIM), Content Management (ECM), and Spend Management consulting services firm utilizing the software products and technology from SAP, OpenText, and Taulia. Optima seeks smart and passionate professionals ready to roll up their sleeves. The right candidate will be intelligent, enthusiastic, a problem-solver, and above all, a team player.
• Established in 2009
• Strategic relationships with industry leaders such as SAP, OpenText, and Taulia
• Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ with an office in Monterrey Mexico
How We Do It
• Partner with clients to deliver exceptional implementations
• Provide top-notch service and delivery
• Hire only the best and brightest and certify them in the solutions we implement
• Provide continuous training and development
We are currently looking to hire an engaged and passionate Project Manager. As a member of our Project Management team, you will have the opportunity to take on leadership positions at new and existing implementations to deliver world class solutions to our clients. The project manager has the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units. They provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. Our Project Manager also ensures adherence to project management methodology practices, provides project manager mentoring, performs Project Reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
Optima Project Management professionals perform an array of project related activities, including:
• Managing customer expectations and satisfaction
• Responsible for the overall success of projects
• Take on P&L responsibility for projects - to ensure scope is managed, change orders are tracked, quoted, and approved, and that the client is satisfied and informed at all times
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time
• Utilizing project management applications to build out project timelines, make assignments, track projects, and use them to appropriately demonstrate project control with clients.
• Actively communicates project status and priorities with project sponsors
• 4 - 6 years of experience in project management, should have exposure to global delivery model and able to coordinate teams across locations worldwide
• 2 - 4 years of IT experience, with strong ERP Knowledge
• 4 + years supervisory experience overseeing projects, suppliers and customers
• 4 + years of experience using project management tools (Ms Project, Projector, ASANA, etc)
• Two complete SAP project implementation lifecycles end-to-end including Ariba
• In depth experience of work with SAP functional and process design
• Ability to manage budgets and control project spend
• Excellent speaking, written and presentation skills to articulate project status to stakeholders
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Team player with strong communication skills
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, commerce, engineering, information
• Master’s Degree is a plus
• PMP Certificate, equivalent certification, or equivalent experience required
• Agile or scrum certification is a plus
• Candidate must have Excellent English skills, written and spoken
• Manage timelines, quality and productivity within a delivery approach
• Take bottom line responsibility of the execution of the project
• Review SOW, effort estimates and project plans
• Manage financial health of the project
• Support invoicing process
• Responsible for customer’s solution delivery, escalations and change requests
• Lead multiple teams spread across different time zones/locations
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent English verbal and written skills. Must be Bilingual (Spanish & English)
• Leadership and Accountability for deliverables
• Ability and willingness to learn new things, self-learner
• Proactive attitude
• End to end ownership of a project
• Ability to maintain good customer relationships
• Strong ability to handle multiple priorities, develop and deliver solutions and results independently
• Solution mind-set
• For the time being this is a remote position.
• The candidate must be willing to travel (up to 50%) after COVID
To be a strong fit for this role you must:
• Be ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven
• Open to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Energetic, enthusiastic, academic, agile, and positive
• Have a strong desire to build client relationships
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to productively interact with managers and directors at mid-to-large sized organizations
• Alignment to Optima Core Values:
Passion for Excellence:
We always deliver quality work for our clients and each other, on time, and to the best of our ability. We don’t cut corners.
Create Remarkable Client Experiences:
We do the right thing for our clients and we consistently seek ways to add value to their businesses.
Be a Pioneer:
We are original and creative in our thinking. To us, innovation and ingenuity is a mind-set – a hard wired desire to improve things.
Get it Done:
We count on each other to fulfill every objective we’re given. Our teammates and clients know they can trust us to get the job done. Period.
Win as a Team:
We are each other’s teammates, mentors and cheerleaders and we support each other along the way. We invest in our teams to enhance achievement and create opportunity for growth.
We love what we do and have fun while we do it! We celebrate our successes along the way.
In exchange for your contribution to the team, you can expect to receive awesome benefits!
• Medical and Dental (employee premiums 100% covered)
• Company paid life insurance (1x annual salary covered)
• Voluntary life insurance
• Vision insurance
• Aflac coverage (with employer contribution)
• 3 weeks paid vacation
• 12 paid holidays + company paid holiday closure
• 401(k) employer match
• Contribution toward HSA account
• Career path planning
• Living the Values employee recognition